Aztec Group has come a long way since first opening its doors in Jersey back in 2001. Now employing over 1,600 people across six jurisdictions, our size and reach may have changed, but one thing that hasn’t is our identity – we’re proud to be a truly independent, owner-managed business that puts our clients at the centre of everything we do.
Our clients are the driving force behind our organic growth strategy and so it was always a matter of time before our focus moved to Ireland. Since our inception we have placed a strong emphasis on the personal and professional development of our employees, providing opportunities for individuals to progress and achieve their career aspirations.
With the opening of a new office, in a new jurisdiction, comes a host of opportunities and we are looking for passionate and bright people interested in taking their next step in their career.
.Reports to Financial Reporting Manager
The purpose of this position is to carry out routine day-to-day accounting of fund structures under the direction of a Financial Reporting Manager.
- Bookkeep a complex range of funds, management companies and associated fund structures and liaise with clients and intermediaries as necessary
- Complete all aspects of accounting matters for a portfolio of fund structures, including the preparation, reconciliation and proofing of investor reports, statutory financial statements, and ad-hoc investor queries
- Deal with the completion of routine audit queries
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliations and provide supporting documentation evidencing transactions
- Maintain accurate records on eFront and Microsoft Excel working paper schedules for all aspects of accounting
- Deal with the preparation and reconciliation of periodic direct and indirect tax returns
- Act as a mentor to junior staff under the supervision of senior staff
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- The candidate will be expected to be part qualified with a relevant professional qualification (preferably having commenced ACCA Professional level or ACA Advanced level)
- Strong financial services experience (to be supported through the Aztec Academy)
- Computer literacy skills are essential
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also for professional qualifications to enhance your ability to provide sound accountancy services. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as we value close working relationships with colleagues, clients and business contacts.